2/22/11

Guns in the church?

I was a bit surprised this week to read an article in the USA Today about how churches are wrestling with guns in the pews!

http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2011-02-15-church_guns15_ST_N.htm

Apparently state legislatures in Georgia, Louisiana and Michigan have been wrestling with the idea of allowing weapons in houses of worship.

Is it just me or is something really wrong here?

Apparently people feel they have the right to bear arms in church and are citing the 1st and 2nd amendment! I am still confused as to when the Constitution of the US superseded the Bible!

I seem to recall this Scripture where Peter slices off a mans ear to "protect" Jesus when He was being arrested. Jesus healed the injured man and said that, "He who lived by the sword would die by it!"

Maybe it's just me but I don't know if I feel comfortable with an armed group of worshippers!

No comments: