6/4/11

Digging up Bones

As I work on my book I am dredging up memories of past events, turning over the soil and seeing what comes out.

I am discovering there was still some meat on some of those bones. Not every experience needed to be thrown out.

I believe God is a God of redemption!

He can redeem the worst situation if we let Him!

As I write about past church experiences, both good and bad, I am finding that not all was as it seems.

Oh the bad experiences WERE bad. However, it is the end result that is different.

Looking back, I see how God was still there, calling, wooing, moving. It took some time (decades) before I saw it.

Isaiah 41:13 says, "For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you."

Now I am seeing His guiding hand as I chart the course that led me to discover my identity in Christ.

Sometimes digging up the past CAN be rewarding!

No comments: