9/2/12

No Distractions - Just A Thought #53

"Dad! Don't talk to me when I am in town!"

It began with my two year old son playing in the yard. I was resting in the hammock and smiling as I watched him play throughout the yard with his little riding car. He had moved to the farthest edge of the yard and was fiddling with the back of his car. He was definitely in his own world.

I called out to him, "Caleb are you fixing your car?" He hollered out, "Dad!" and then marched back across the yard to finish his statement, "Don't talk to me when I am in town!" I am sure some parents might see that as disrespectful, but I saw something different.

I saw an intense focus.

Caleb was focused on what he was playing and by talking to him, I brought distraction, thus taking him out of the moment.

Proverbs 4:25 says "Let your eyes look directly forward, and your gaze be straight before you."

I have found at various times in my life, when my focus is distracted, I take my eyes off of Jesus Christ and I stumble and fall.

When I keep my gaze firmly planted on Jesus Christ, when I focus on Him day in and day out, my joy is firm, my faith refreshed, my strength renewed. When I seek God with my whole heart, I find that nothing seems impossible because we serve a God of the impossible.

"But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." Matthew 6:33

No distractions are worth missing all that God has for us. I don't know where you are at right now but God knows. Fix your gaze on Him

No comments: