11/2/12

The High Calling - A Review

I was pointed to a website I haven't seen before this past week.


The website has some thought provoking articles, like How to Quit Your Job with Grace and Integrity.

The High Calling is really an online magazine and community which is founded on the belief that God cares about our daily work. I struggled for a few years in seeing God in my job, like when I worked on cars for a living, and would have found his resource helpful then.  I actually found it helpful now as well.

The site has a wide range of articles, interviews, devotionals, and inspirational stories—all specifically created to help the reader to find God in our work and family.

You should really check this site out.

While there you can sign up for their Weekly Calling which usually has an audio message from Howard Butt, a Christian business leader and author, several articles from The High Calling website, a video from The High Calling, and several other articles from around the High Calling community and other sites.

I checked out a few of their Weekly Calling newsletters and was overall impressed.  Some of the articles were very thought provoking.  My only criticism would be that some of the articles would have benefited by having a corresponding Scripture that backed up the premise of the article.

Overall I liked what I saw and just signed up for the newsletter this week.  You should check it out.

Go to  The High Calling and look for the newsletter sign up on the right hand side of the page.


No comments: