6/18/14

D.L. Moody - A Life

I love a good biography.

I particularly enjoy biographies of men and women of God from days gone by.  A quick scan of my bookshelf reveals biographies of William Booth, Corrie Ten Boom, A.W. Tozer, George Muller and Hudson Taylor to name a few. 

So I was excited when I saw a new biography about D.L. Moody from Moody Press.  Author Kevin Belmonte has written a pretty good book with, D.L. Moody - A Life.

This book is fairly comprehensive and detailed but Belmonte's writing style makes the book an easy read.  The depth of material is there but I was able to go through the book fairly quickly.   I learned a lot and found some quotes by Moody that had me sitting back and reflecting on my own life.

I can't ask for much more than that in a biography. 

Moody only lived 62 years but his life is still having an impact today. The schools, church and publishing company he founded are all still in existence and have changed lives for generations.

Moody was a humble man and not afraid to admit his faults and yet his passion for God broke across denominational boundaries.  Belmonte does a good job of showing the many facets of D.L. Moody's life and I believe he has written a book that will become the definitive biography of D.L. Moody.  Do yourself a favor and get a copy of this book.

No comments: