9/6/14

Back to the Wall!

Over the years, I have always tried to sit with my back to the wall. 

It could have something to do with the fact that, as kid, I was attacked from behind at school.  I remember sitting on a ramp near our locker area and feeling a sharp pain near the back of my neck.  I woke up on the ground with my back and neck bleeding from cuts made when another kid repeatedly hit me with his cleats. 

Whatever the reason, I always liked to sit facing the door.  I wanted to see what was coming.  I learned to live with one eye open!  I felt as if I couldn't trust anyone and had to watch my own back.

Actually, It was a pretty miserable way to live.

My relief came as I began to understand the nature and character of God.  I found comfort in a passage from the latter part of Isaiah 52:12. While speaking on deliverance for Israel, Isaiah has this word, "...For the LORD will go before you, And the God of Israel will be your rear guard."

Now that sounds like someone who has your well-being in mind!  He goes before them and is their rear guard.  We also see from Scriptures that the Lord surrounds us. (Psalms 125:2)

God has my back, my front, my whole being!

Now that is protection you can count on!

No comments: